Colecovision Flashback

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Colecovision Flashback

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 23rd, 2014, 4:56 pm

I've heard mixed reviews about this but I'm pleased with it.  This is the first time I've been able to play Colecovision games with a clear video signal!  I'm playing it on an old-fashioned TV; not sure if it would look as nice on an HDTV. 

The game selection is missing a few key titles (Donkey Kong comes to mind) but there are still plenty of quality games like Zaxxon, Frenzy, and Bump N Jump.  I noticed there were even a few new titles.

The controllers feel good.  Very lightweight and the buttons are easy to press.  The thumbsticks could stick out a little further, but they probably won't cramp your hands.

For $40, I'd probably recommend this.

Astrosmasher1

Colecovision Flashback

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 23rd, 2014, 10:01 pm

Cool thanks for the heads up.  
You can play them online here...https://archive.org/details/coleco_colecovision_library

Steve1

Colecovision Flashback

Postby Steve1 » November 24th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Just thought I would throw it out there that Dollar General has this for $28 on Black Friday if one is willing to brave the crowds. I normally don't call out individual stores but they are also the only store that has the additional Antarctic Adventure game.

I got mine for $40 already since there is no Dollar General where I will be that day and I think this unit is clearly worth that price.

Leo1

Colecovision Flashback

Postby Leo1 » November 27th, 2014, 6:10 pm

I braved the crowds (The only other person I saw when my Dollar General opened at 7AM was the cashier, lol) and bought a Colecovision Flashback and an Intellivision Flashback.

I'm glad that this sale had been talked about for about a month since it saved me $25 or so.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Colecovision Flashback

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 30th, 2014, 11:08 am

Would it be permissible for me to review Colecovision games (that I don't have) using this system?

Astrosmasher1

Colecovision Flashback

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 30th, 2014, 9:32 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]Would it be permissible for me to review Colecovision games (that I don't have) using this system?[/QUOTE]
That is fair dues.  The Coleco was so badly produced finding a working one is a miracle.  Go ahead I would love to hear your views on new CV stuff.

Return to “Now Playing”