Borderlands 2

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
darkrage61

Borderlands 2

Postby darkrage61 » January 30th, 2013, 11:55 pm

Words cannot describe how much fun and addictive this game is, i'm playing as Maya and i've gotten pretty far now(in the Highlands area), got some pretty strong weapons and am at level 24(a bit higher then normal as I gained 3 levels just from beating all five rounds of the slaughterhouse).  Not only is this game entertaining, it's downright hilarious, it's nearly as funny as the Saints Row series(especially Claptrap) and Handsome Jack is one charismatic villain, he's always so damn smug, can't wait to see where the story goes next. 

billydeethrilliams1

Borderlands 2

Postby billydeethrilliams1 » January 31st, 2013, 8:12 am

darkrage6- Did you play the first one? And if so is it similar or does it have more variety?
I'm waiting for the eventual game of the year edition. I enjoyed the first Borderlands.

darkrage61

Borderlands 2

Postby darkrage61 » January 31st, 2013, 3:22 pm

Yes I did play the first one and i'm hoping VGC reviews it someday.  It definitely does feel similar to the first game, but it does have more variety, as enemies are more challenging and missions are more creative, and you now have "Badass" ranks, where you get upgraded for doing certain challenges(I.E. kill X amount of enemies with a shotgun).

Rev1

Borderlands 2

Postby Rev1 » January 31st, 2013, 7:58 pm

I have very little interest in FPS games however my friend brought over his PS3 to my apartment and I helped him defeating the "so-and-so the Invincible" which was insane... Took 15 minutes of pelleting him with guns to wear him down... All I did was run to a little corner that dangled next to a cliff so he could die and not worry about losing the damage he dealt to the boss. He ended up playing him 3 times to get some sort of rare item. Still, that was one crazy boss. He eventually got better and was able to beat him with only a couple of lives, but still I can't imagine someone beating him solo without cheating. I think he was more designed for cooperative play. Still, it looked pretty fun although I had little idea what he was doing half the time.

darkrage61

Borderlands 2

Postby darkrage61 » February 1st, 2013, 12:20 am

You mean Terramorphous The Invincible, and that was on the Secret Of General Knox DLC, which I never played due to not having Live.  People have said Borderlands 2 is difficult without co-op but so far I haven't had very many problems, as long as you make sure to do all or most of the side missions before tackling the main ones, you shouldn't hav etoo much trouble.

Irenicus1

Borderlands 2

Postby Irenicus1 » February 3rd, 2013, 1:27 am

From what I've seen & heard this game is the best thing for a Fallout lover like me to play. Unfortunately the cell shaded graphics turn me off so bad that I don't think I could get over it. Maybe, but maybe not.

darkrage61

Borderlands 2

Postby darkrage61 » February 9th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Finished the main game a few days ago, but try as I might, I just could not beat the damned Hyperion Slaughter Circle, I got to round 5, but it was so ridiculously hard that I lost patience trying to beat it, it wasn't a total waste though as I gianed 4 levels just from trying to beat the circle, which made the final boss a cakewalk.

Ozzybear1

Borderlands 2

Postby Ozzybear1 » February 9th, 2013, 10:40 pm

There is a glitch on the final dragon boss.
If you die once while fighting and then stay
behind the barrier where it cant cross.
then just climb the mountain to your left
and shoot away til its defeated. and it cant
do a thing.

Ozzy

darkrage61

Borderlands 2

Postby darkrage61 » February 10th, 2013, 12:43 am

That's interesting, I wish I could've encountered a helpful glitch like that in the Slaughter Circle(maybe there is one and I just haven't found it)

Ozzybear1

Borderlands 2

Postby Ozzybear1 » February 10th, 2013, 11:31 am

what system you playing it on Darkrage?
I have it for the 360

Return to “Now Playing”