Borderlands 2

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
darkrage61

Borderlands 2

Postby darkrage61 » February 10th, 2013, 1:45 pm

360 for me as well.

Retro STrife

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Retro STrife » March 21st, 2021, 2:46 am

Been playing a bunch of Borderlands 2 on the PS4 lately, from the Handsome Collection. Figured I'd revive this old topic. I was looking for a new game to start.. I was in the mood for something more action-oriented like an FPS, but with a little more substance, and Borderlands seemed like the perfect fit. I've been meaning to try a Borderlands game for awhile and already had this downloaded on my PS4 (it was free a year or two ago).

Anyway, I just reached the hub city of Sanctuary. I think that's somewhere around 20% into the game, judging by the number of missions. Really addictive game so far - the RPG and loot elements make it much harder to put down compared to the usual FPS game. And the writing is hilarious. I've only played single player, but I hear it gets way better in multiplayer too. Now that I've reached Sanctuary, trying online co-op is my plan next.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » March 21st, 2021, 9:21 am

Retro STrife wrote:Been playing a bunch of Borderlands 2 on the PS4 lately, from the Handsome Collection. Figured I'd revive this old topic. I was looking for a new game to start.. I was in the mood for something more action-oriented like an FPS, but with a little more substance, and Borderlands seemed like the perfect fit. I've been meaning to try a Borderlands game for awhile and already had this downloaded on my PS4 (it was free a year or two ago).

Anyway, I just reached the hub city of Sanctuary. I think that's somewhere around 20% into the game, judging by the number of missions. Really addictive game so far - the RPG and loot elements make it much harder to put down compared to the usual FPS game. And the writing is hilarious. I've only played single player, but I hear it gets way better in multiplayer too. Now that I've reached Sanctuary, trying online co-op is my plan next.

It sounds like it's your turn to inspire me! LOL! I've put about 180 hours into the original Borderlands, so needless to say I was a fan. I have Borderlands 2 in my library (as well on disk for the Xbox 360), and I've always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to fire it up and start back down that path. I thought the original just oozed with a unique style and really hit the sweet spot between mindless FPS fun and leveling-up RPG elements. Aside from the lack of a 'save anywhere/anytime' feature which I felt it sorely needed, I loved pretty much everything about the original.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » March 21st, 2021, 10:57 am

Retro STrife wrote:Been playing a bunch of Borderlands 2 on the PS4 lately, from the Handsome Collection. Figured I'd revive this old topic. I was looking for a new game to start.. I was in the mood for something more action-oriented like an FPS, but with a little more substance, and Borderlands seemed like the perfect fit. I've been meaning to try a Borderlands game for awhile and already had this downloaded on my PS4 (it was free a year or two ago).

Just remember, Jack is the hero.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » March 22nd, 2021, 4:26 pm

The presequel is the one where you go.. errr okay... think I preferred 2. 3 is good as well.

Return to “Now Playing”