The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » October 8th, 2013, 7:33 pm

One question I do have. Is the 'message in the bottle' thing with miiverse kind of pointless? I see (only on Miiverse) a ton of messages without any comments or 'yeahs' which suggests to me no one takes the time to read them? I think it is a cute idea, just wondering how it worked out in practice.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » October 8th, 2013, 7:40 pm

[QUOTE=David]Anybody else pick this up yet? It's my favorite 3D Zelda, and this remake does right by the original. It's kinda nice having the inventory screen on the gamepad, but it also supports off-TV play. Most importantly, the Swift Sail is available pretty early in the game. When the game was originally unveiled in 2002 or 2003 the consensus was pretty negative over the game's cel-shaded graphics. I'm secretly hoping the next proper Zelda has a similar style. Screenshots don't do it justice; it's beautiful in motion and will never age. Also worth noting is it's a "new" Zelda without motion controls. I hated Twilight Princess on the Wii (loved it on the Gamecube) and have yet to finish Skyward Sword after getting frustrated by its controls. I never want to see a motion controlled Zelda again. But that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Would you say it's as much an upgrade as Ocarina of Time3D is compared to the original N64 game? I agree with you by the way, Wind Waker's cel shaded graphics are absolutely timeless.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » October 9th, 2013, 3:19 am

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Herschie

Re: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)

Postby Herschie » June 7th, 2015, 3:24 am

I do wish they had a Master Quest thing like they did with the Ocarina of Time remakes. Bummer.

Return to “Now Playing”