Terraria

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Sudz1

Terraria

Postby Sudz1 » February 8th, 2015, 7:53 am

The recent talk about Minecraft convinced me to go back and give Terraria another try (on the PC via Steam).  I still find the interface fairly awkward, but it's more usable than it was when I first purchased the game and I've been able to make decent progress (I think).  I have a harder time playing games without defined goals and structure but I've been able to keep myself playing by trying to figure out what else I can make and working towards crafting it.  Apparently there are some game events I have yet to experience (Blood Moon, Zombie Invasion) so I'm sure I'll stick with it until I see those.  Not sure how much more mileage I'll be able to get out of it after those things occur though.  Still, if you enjoying crafting in games I recommend you give this game a try.

DaHeckIzDat1

Terraria

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » February 8th, 2015, 11:39 am

I've given some serious thought to this game, but in the end couldn't figure out why somebody would choose it over Minecraft. I'm sure there are parts to it I'm not seeing, but on the surface it just looks like 2D Minecraft.

Sudz1

Terraria

Postby Sudz1 » February 8th, 2015, 3:46 pm

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat]I've given some serious thought to this game, but in the end couldn't figure out why somebody would choose it over Minecraft. I'm sure there are parts to it I'm not seeing, but on the surface it just looks like 2D Minecraft. [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I can't compare/contrast the two games since I've never played Minecraft.  I will say on the surface, the graphics in Terraria are more typical and modern of a video game.  The pictures I've seen of Minecraft lead me to believe they went for a very blocky 8-bit sort of retro look.  Depending on how you like your games to look, I can see where someone would prefer one over the other.

DaHeckIzDat1

Terraria

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » February 8th, 2015, 4:15 pm

It's not really the graphics I have a problem with, it's that Minecraft has a full 3D world where you can go anywhere, but Terraria is limited to going left and right.

Astrosmasher1

Terraria

Postby Astrosmasher1 » February 8th, 2015, 10:41 pm

I have played them both. I prefer Minecraft.

Return to “Now Playing”