Dynamite Heady (Genesis)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Gamehead1

Dynamite Heady (Genesis)

Postby Gamehead1 » May 13th, 2014, 10:26 pm

I really like this game. It might be bizarre at times, but that doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment. The head mechanic works really well and the game is centered around. Also I would like to mention that the graphics are amazing. The 3D polygon effects, and rotation effects are really convincing and prove that the Genesis can really pump out some great special effects with the power of sprites (the SNES just doesn't have a fast enough CPU to do this) . The music is also quite good making good use of digitized sounds that are quite clear. I'll post more as I inch further and further.

Rev1

Dynamite Heady (Genesis)

Postby Rev1 » May 13th, 2014, 11:55 pm

This is a fun game. I do like its emphasis on boss fights compared to other games of the genre. Good title!

Sut1

Dynamite Heady (Genesis)

Postby Sut1 » May 14th, 2014, 12:13 pm

I didn't get on with this one at all, I found it very difficult and over chaotic.
Still would like your further opinions as it might be a title I should perhaps revisit.

Retro STrife

Re: Dynamite Heady (Genesis)

Postby Retro STrife » December 2nd, 2019, 11:13 am

I tried this game yesterday. It seems to be well-regarded, but I'm totally on board with the Critic's C review. "Hard to wrap your mind around" .. "no clue what the hell was even going on"... I felt the same ways. It's a Treasure game, so there's good pedigree there. And the elements of a great game are all there. But I just couldn't get into it - too chaotic and confusing.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » December 2nd, 2019, 11:12 pm

Typical Treasure title. Hard to know what is going on in it. Good graphics though for the time.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » December 4th, 2019, 3:41 am

Sut1 wrote:I didn't get on with this one at all, I found it very difficult and over chaotic.

Well, I agree. I mean, the graphics are really good - colorful and well animated and the sound is good as well. But yes, I thought it was too chaotic as well.
(One of the many Sega Genesis games I don't see as a 'classic', despite being a Sega fan. Also Vector Man (too boring), Ristar (too slow and unoriginal), Comix Zone (too hard) and Ecco the Dolphin (to cryptic for me) always seem overrated to me. I don't think those are bad games, but I feel they are a little overhyped most of the time).

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » December 4th, 2019, 2:58 pm

Romhacking.net has a patch that translates and adds in the original text and dialog that was cut from 90% of the game, which occurred during all boss fights and many other instances. Worth a look if you have the time, as it is just as nuts as the rest of the game.

Also, apparently the main antagonist is not a cat, but a bear... >_>;;;

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 4th, 2019, 7:13 pm

CaptainCruch wrote:Ristar (too slow and unoriginal)

"Unoriginal" is an interesting complaint to have about that game.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » December 5th, 2019, 8:19 am

Stalvern wrote:
CaptainCruch wrote:Ristar (too slow and unoriginal)

"Unoriginal" is an interesting complaint to have about that game.

Ristar? Unoriginal? Aside from being a colorful platformer, what was unoriginal about it?

Return to “Now Playing”