Metroid Other M

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Segatarious1

Metroid Other M

Postby Segatarious1 » June 18th, 2013, 7:04 am

The story is actually starting to grow on me....its kind of like Lifetime movie 'bad', and it is hardly the 'worst ever' - play ANY Metal Gear game.

I think the voice acting is fine, and I will say Metroid Prime 3 is MUCH worse than what this game does - both in writing and voice acting. I am surprised the fans of the series haste this game so, as far as story goes, this seems like it would be right in their wheelhouse.

Atarifever1

Metroid Other M

Postby Atarifever1 » June 18th, 2013, 8:52 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious]The story is actually starting to grow on me....its kind of like Lifetime movie 'bad', and it is hardly the 'worst ever' - play ANY Metal Gear game.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Metal Gear is just stupid, long winded, overblown, and pointless in a series that has always been that.  This is adding all that to a franchise that didn't have it.  You're essentially giving a healthy franchise cancer.  They are at least as bad as MG games, and they didn't need to be there.  That makes them worse.  Also, again, Team Ninja.  I'd rather Nintendo had given the franchise to Uwe Boll.  Team Ninja is the only group possible of making a more needless story than Hideo Kojima. 

Rev1

Metroid Other M

Postby Rev1 » June 18th, 2013, 6:44 pm

I found this game surprisingly decent despite all the bad reviews and publicity. It really wasn't too bad of a game and if you can ignore the poor story and acting you can get into a decent game. Definitely not the best game of this generation, but perhaps one of the most underrated.

chuckee71

Metroid Other M

Postby chuckee71 » July 13th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Does anyone realize that Other M is actually a prequel to Metroid Fusion?  Do you think that Nintendo ran out of ideas for the Metroid series (I know they still want Samus to be alive)?  I guess there will be another gap in the series (possibly until the 30th anniversary).

Voor

Re: Metroid Other M

Postby Voor » September 24th, 2018, 7:39 pm

About to give other M a try....

GTS

Re: Metroid Other M

Postby GTS » September 25th, 2018, 12:08 am

I'm with the consensus on this game. I played through the whole thing (I do it for all Metroid games), and I thought it was a horrible mess. It lacks the spirit of the other games in the series.

That being said, it does have some of the best graphics you'll ever see on the Wii, and the price of the game is dirt cheap.

Return to “Now Playing”