DYE (Steam game)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
C64_Critic

DYE (Steam game)

Postby C64_Critic » February 12th, 2017, 3:05 pm

If you love old-school platformers and upbeat, fun sountracks you will probably enjoy this game. I love the music, the look, and the general feel of this game. I havent' played for too long yet, because my thumb has started hurting already from the constant button-mashing required but I've liked what I've seen so far. I do wish the Jump and Float buttons were the same button though (maybe hit A to jump, hold to float?) because moving from the Jump to the Float button has cost me many lives. I also wish there were a better explanation/tutorial as to exactly what you're supposed to be doing and why, but I'm not sure I'm really missing anything. I have found several of the early stages fiendishly difficult to complete with a full score, but I suppose that's by design. I think it could also use more checkpoints; sorry, but having to re-do the same section of any game over and over gets old after about the 3rd time. All in all though, a fun, quirky platformer that I'm sure will have more surprises in store for me as I put in more time.

Return to “Now Playing”