Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Retro STrife

Re: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Postby Retro STrife » January 2nd, 2019, 10:20 am

I'm finally joining the fray, as I recently bought a Wii U and started playing Breath of the Wild. Right now I'm still in the Great Plateau, but I've explored every nook and cranny of it, and finished the first 3 shrines, and played like 5-10 hours. I'm really enjoying it so far, and I even get a little addicted in spurts. It's one of those games that I can play for a few hours straight without getting bored, which is a feat for me. I'll definitely keep playing it awhile longer. Two counterpoints though: (1) I almost always like Zelda games early on...the problem for me is that they drag on too long and become monotonous.. We'll see if BotW finally improves on that issue. Finally eschewing the old "beat 8 temples" formula should help. (2) Although I'm really enjoying the game, I've yet to get the feeling that I'm playing one of the greatest games of all time. So it has yet to overcome my theory that the gaming media's "Zelda bias" results in every Zelda game being overhyped. We'll see how I feel as I put more time into it, though.

Return to “Now Playing”