Super Mario Odyssey

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Re: Super Mario Odyssey

Postby Herschie » March 9th, 2018, 10:25 am

It's a fun game, but I'm not really hooked on it. Maybe I'm too busy with Call of Duty and MLB: The Show, but I'm not into this the way I was with previous Mario games.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » March 9th, 2018, 2:07 pm

I don't have a switch, so I can't give too much of an opinion, however, I have played a little of it when my cousin bought it. I don't know why I'm not as excited as I would be about a new Mario game, but I'm just not for some reason. Of course, that may change if and when I play more of it.

I think the new hat mechanic is one reason I'm not super excited for the game. I'm not all that crazy about controlling a fish with a Mario hat on.

Voor

Postby Voor » March 9th, 2018, 5:12 pm

Yeah, there’s quite a few Switch games I’d love to try, but SMO hasn’t really been one of them. I loved 64, but 3D platformers arent really my thing.

GTS

Postby GTS » March 9th, 2018, 5:32 pm

ESauce wrote:
GTS wrote:I just 100 percented the game a week ago. Took about two months. Wow, some of the moons are hard to find. Also, some of the Dark Side challenges (with no hat) are almost impossible to complete.

I didn’t have a problem with the dark side challenges, but the volleyball is giving me fits. Highest I made it to is 83 and it’s just so agonizing to redo it again and again. And I read people were having trouble with the jump rope which I beat on my second try.

I dropped the ball at 99. I was devastated, but tried it again a couple days later. It's easier to just use the hat. The jump rope was impossible for me, so I used the gltich to pass it. I love cheating, sometimes.

Voor

Postby Voor » August 28th, 2021, 5:28 pm

FINALLY playing SMO. a couple of hours in, and I have to say, co-playing with ju daughter has been a lot of fun. It’s super polished, very accessible, and has a lot of fun ideas. I don’t really like comparing it to its 2D counterparts, but it really does remind me of SM64, and that’s a good complement.

I don’t know how much longevity it’ll have, but I look forward to playing it all the way through.

Return to “Now Playing”