Gunbird 2 (Dreamcast)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Gunbird 2 (Dreamcast)

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 11th, 2018, 7:40 pm

This is a great twitch shooter, and the eye candy is fantastic. I love how the stages are randomized.

One thing though - it doesn't play in VGA mode. Is there are workaround for that?

Sonicx9

Re: Gunbird 2 (Dreamcast)

Postby Sonicx9 » April 11th, 2018, 10:10 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This is a great twitch shooter, and the eye candy is fantastic. I love how the stages are randomized.

One thing though - it doesn't play in VGA mode. Is there are workaround for that?

It does work in 480P VGA mode via the famous Switch trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEggdHKGuK4 but keep in note that the game has Graphical glitches in the intro, and viewing gallery makes the image appear overstretched in VGA mode compared to none VGA mode. Also the game has more slowdown in VGA mode, but the positive it does make the game easier to beat on harder difficulty.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 15th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Well I was able to pull off this trick with no problem on the first try. However, the slowdown is HEINOUS. It doesn't feel like the same game. Also, I think this game looks better on a CRT.

I had seen a version of this game for sale on Etsy which plays over VGA without having to do any tricks. I had actually been thinking about getting it, but if it has the same slow-down, and I assume it does, it's a no-go.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 15th, 2018, 10:15 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Well I was able to pull off this trick with no problem on the first try. However, the slowdown is HEINOUS. It doesn't feel like the same game. Also, I think this game looks better on a CRT.

I had seen a version of this game for sale on Etsy which plays over VGA without having to do any tricks. I had actually been thinking about getting it, but if it has the same slow-down, and I assume it does, it's a no-go.

It likely the same thing so I would not bother.

Return to “Now Playing”