Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 7th, 2018, 8:50 pm

I was sure this was going to be the next big thing, but I'm just not feeling it. Mario Tennis Aces begins slowly, with a lot of gimmicks, mini-games, and boss battles. I thought that was just to get you up to speed with the controls, but I'm starting to think the whole game is like this. There's very little tennis here, and I can never remember what button does what crazy shot.

newmodelarmy

Re: Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)

Postby newmodelarmy » July 8th, 2018, 9:05 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I was sure this was going to be the next big thing, but I'm just not feeling it. Mario Tennis Aces begins slowly, with a lot of gimmicks, mini-games, and boss battles. I thought that was just to get you up to speed with the controls, but I'm starting to think the whole game is like this. There's very little tennis here, and I can never remember what button does what crazy shot.

The controls are a mess with simply too much going on. It definitely does not have that pick and play feel to it. I also think it is too complicated for younger gamers as well. Really disappointed with this one. I would rate it a D+ at best.

Return to “Now Playing”