Octopath Traveller-Switch

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
newmodelarmy

Octopath Traveller-Switch

Postby newmodelarmy » July 21st, 2018, 10:02 am

Anybody else playing this?

So far I have about 4 hours into it and all I can say is wow! I am really enjoying this game. If you are into Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior type JRPG's you will love this game. This is the the first JRPG where I actually care about the story and can follow it. The cut scenes are not too long but you can skip them. If you do simply pull up the journal where everything is tracked. The combat is terrific and the variety of weapons and abilities for each character is pretty cool. For example, the Huntress can capture animals and then summon them into combat later on. I am not sure how original that is compared to other games but it is a pretty cool feature. Other things such as the inventory screen, saving the game, outfitting your team are pretty intuitive. This is the type of game that I think about playing when I am not playing it. Fans of this style of game should definitely give it a look! I hope to see a review from the RPG critic in the near future.

newmodelarmy

Re: Octopath Traveller-Switch

Postby newmodelarmy » July 29th, 2018, 7:00 am

Is there anybody else on here playing this game? What is wrong with you people! I am completely addicted to this game. IMHO they took everything you like about this style of RPG and amped it up. There are two things that are just great about this game and that is the combat (fun and very strategic) and the story (easy to follow). Not to mention the graphics which are beautiful. I will say the side missions leave a bit to be desired but the main story missions are interesting and you are not left wandering around for hours figuring what to do next. Anyway, if you are even slightly interested in RPG's you need to check this game out.

Return to “Now Playing”