Fatal Frame (PS2)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
DaHeckIzDat

Fatal Frame (PS2)

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 6th, 2018, 5:23 pm

I've had this game on my PS3 for years, but I've never gotten very far in it. I really want to like it since ghosts are the only things in movies that have ever scared me, but I don't think this game has aged well. Snapping photos of ghosts feels clumsy, and half the time I can be pointing the camera right at them but the game won't register it. It's especially bad since the ghosts tend to blend in with their surroundings until they're right on top of you. But the worst part is that your health doesn't regenerate at save points or after dying. I like challenging games, but if I run out of healing items and have to save with barely a sliver of health left right before a boss fight, then I can either start over or give up... and I'm most likely not going to start over.

Retro STrife

Re: Fatal Frame (PS2)

Postby Retro STrife » October 6th, 2018, 7:36 pm

I bought one or two of the Fatal Frame games a few years back after being intrigued by the VGC's review. Probably spent too much on them (I think FF2 was like $30 when I bought it), and then haven't ever come close to playing it. Just haven't had time. But sounds like I'm not missing too much for now. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Now Playing”