Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XONE)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Hardcore Sadism

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XONE)

Postby Hardcore Sadism » November 14th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Finally beat this game last Sunday.

I swear this game has the most amount of fleshed out story per objective, if not the most amount of character objectives from any game released over a decade. There's always a conversation between characters, it also seems the route to and from any point in the map is almost never a repeat of what designated path you took in a previous objective. If there is any repetition at any point, it varies in small (yet important) ways. Your actions have consequences across the board. Don't stay in the cold for too long, don't just flatfoot it across the landscape, ride your horse in a way that keeps the horse alive and maintain your relationship with it. Hide strangers you off, or you WILL get in trouble. I've never seen so much immersion in a sandbox, it's almost criminal how copy/paste any other sandbox that isn't BULLY or Red Dead 2 are.

Map is about what, ten times the size of GTA V's? That's insane. I love it, never an inch without an adventure.

David

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/XONE)

Postby David » November 15th, 2018, 12:05 pm

The only other Rockstar games I’ve enjoyed prior to this one were LA Noire and GTA Chinatown Wars. This one is also pretty good. It still has the slow, input laggy controls that I hate about pretty much every other one of their games, but it’s mitigated somewhat by turning the deadzone slider to 0 and the acceleration to high in the settings. The main quests are also very rigid, and a lot of them have been ride to place X, something goes wrong, waves of bad guys get sent for you to shoot at, but I am enjoying it mostly. It’s a really beautiful game, and the voice acting is very good.

Return to “Now Playing”