Where's Waldo? (NES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Where's Waldo? (NES)

Postby Herschie » November 3rd, 2018, 8:32 am

Who could forget these epic books? I tell you what, if you were lucky enough to get your hands on one from the library, you just became king of second grade. People were inviting you to parties. Everyone wanted to sit by you at lunch. Girls wanted to kiss you, although back then I didn't want to get cooties. Girls, ick!

And if you had the Nintendo game? You might as well get on the campaign trail because neither George H.W. Bush, nor Bill Clinton were going to beat you in the 1992 election. I would have been out of luck at age 11, and I certainly don't think the game is going to help me now.

That said, the game is quite fun. You have a certain amount of time, and you must find Waldo and the scroll. The graphics are decent, and really remind you of all the stages they had in the book while you were king of the school. You get a real sense of urgency as the clock is winding down, especially in the later stages. Waldo tends to be cleverly hidden. The sound, well, I would rather listen to Halsey and Justin Bieber at 1,500 watts. I'll even go as far as it being worse than the Madden 19 soundtrack.

The beauty of the whole thing is that Waldo is never circled on all the pages, as he was when I finally got my hands on one of these books. By then it was 4th grade, and Waldo was yesterday's news.

Would have been nice to have had this game back then instead of Bible Adventures!

Return to “Now Playing”