Gradius III (SNES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
ptdebate

Gradius III (SNES)

Postby ptdebate » November 10th, 2018, 3:01 pm

It feels a little odd playing Gradius on the SNES. My usual go-tos are the TG16 version of Gradius and the Saturn collection of 1 and 2 but having this loaded on my Analogue Super Nt, I thought I'd give it a try.

This game is really easy! I think in large part this is because of the slowdown. For someone who is a beginner to this type of game, it's actually a blessing in disguise that the game slows down any time the screen fills with objects, making them easier to dodge. It's not a bad game really, just not much fun for experts of the series.

Rev

Re: Gradius III (SNES)

Postby Rev » November 10th, 2018, 4:15 pm

Played this game off and on over several months and beat the game without using any cheats. That is fairly rare for me because I'm pretty terrible at shmups and the Gradius series as a whole. Still, I really liked this game. Probably my favorite feature is being able to pick your line up of weapons so you can sort of pick a strategy for the stages as a whole.

One stage that took me a while was the High Speed Zone (level 7 I think), where you are flying through a maze of tight hallways really fast. Took me a few tries and it was pretty aggravating having to redo the whole game if you lost your lives.

Anyway, fun game. Thanks for bringing it up.

Sut

Postby Sut » November 12th, 2018, 3:35 pm

ptdebate wrote:I think in large part this is because of the slowdown.

You need to play shooters on a system with blast processing man.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » November 12th, 2018, 6:27 pm

Sut wrote:
ptdebate wrote:I think in large part this is because of the slowdown.

You need to play shooters on a system with blast processing man.

I love the Genesis shooters! Especially the Thunder Force series with its incredible music.

Return to “Now Playing”