NEO GEO Viewpoint

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
ASalvaro

Re: NEO GEO Viewpoint

Postby ASalvaro » July 11th, 2019, 4:24 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:
Anything else you want to know are or you fine?

I'm fine thanks

But do you find it interesting that the house of Sonic and Mega Drive owna Viewpoint?

yes it is and since they own it they could rerelease it as Zaxxon 3!

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » July 11th, 2019, 9:10 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:I'm fine thanks

But do you find it interesting that the house of Sonic and Mega Drive owna Viewpoint?

yes it is and since they own it they could rerelease it as Zaxxon 3!

Or even do a crossover game called Zaxxon x Viewpoint think about it.

jon

Postby jon » April 15th, 2020, 3:18 pm

I’ve been playing this game a lot. What an incredible game. The graphics are mesmerizing. In 1992. It sure is in another league as the other 16 bitters. It’s ridiculous. How could anyone play the others after playing a game like this. It is very hard though. It’s funny seeing reviews of some of these Neo Geo games. How did the reviewers manage especially back in the early 90’s to get far into the game

jon

Postby jon » February 23rd, 2022, 12:07 am

This game is amazing. And as much as an emulator is fun, the actual Neo Geo hardware is so much better it's indescribable. A game like this makes you realize emulators just don't do games justice. It's a heck of a challenge even on easy.

When I compared how Viewpoint on the AES compared with it on my Neo SD flash cart, the SD doesn't look nearly as good. I'm shocked how these flash carts like the Neo SD and the Neo SD Pro are so popular considering how shockingly inferior they look to the real thing. I don't think the Pro really improves graphics from the SD. It'll probably be the same as the SD. Talk about overpriced. In a way, these flash carts are more overpriced than any game no matter how expensive because I was just shocked how bad the graphics were. One thing that's interesting is that the SD Pro is extremely hard to find. Evidently it costs a lot to make them so there might never be another production run. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I have a new one unopened I'm looking to get rid of next Christmas, at an absurd price of course.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » February 23rd, 2022, 10:13 am

jon wrote:This game is amazing. And as much as an emulator is fun, the actual Neo Geo hardware is so much better it's indescribable. A game like this makes you realize emulators just don't do games justice. It's a heck of a challenge even on easy.

When I compared how Viewpoint on the AES compared with it on my Neo SD flash cart, the SD doesn't look nearly as good. I'm shocked how these flash carts like the Neo SD and the Neo SD Pro are so popular considering how shockingly inferior they look to the real thing. I don't think the Pro really improves graphics from the SD. It'll probably be the same as the SD. Talk about overpriced. In a way, these flash carts are more overpriced than any game no matter how expensive because I was just shocked how bad the graphics were. One thing that's interesting is that the SD Pro is extremely hard to find. Evidently it costs a lot to make them so there might never be another production run. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I have a new one unopened I'm looking to get rid of next Christmas, at an absurd price of course.

In what way does the game on the flash cart look inferior? Isn't it the exact same game??

jon

Postby jon » February 23rd, 2022, 3:06 pm

I thought the graphics especially enemies looked fantastic on the AES (and MVS). It’s the arcade hardware that I just am not sure flash carts can completely emulate. But I’m glad people think it’s valuable because I’m going to be getting rid of one of mine, a new AES SD Pro.

There just aren’t that many people that have played Viewpoint on Neo Geo hardware, especially after its arcade run was over.

jon

Postby jon » February 25th, 2022, 9:10 pm

The AES Neo SD I got came “fully loaded” meaning the previous owner loaded all the games onto an SD card. I’m messy and not the brightest tool in the shed. So I had basically no hope I was going to properly setup a never opened SD Pro.

I was really taken aback that Viewpoint just didn’t have the magic on that flash cart. Personally I just don’t know what the obsession is with these things. I just saw a used MVS SD Pro which has already been opened listed for almost $2,000. It may have actually sold.

So what I did was, an again this is probably because I’m really skeptical about these flash carts being arcade quality. Just playing a few games on the SD didn’t feel right. What I did was trade my unopened AES Sd pro along with an extra aes system I have for this crazy C MVS system and some carts.

Arcade games are the hardest to emulate. Arch Rivals is the perfect example.

jon

Postby jon » March 10th, 2022, 10:01 pm

This has to be one of the best games ever. I learn new things all the time. On stage 2, if you kill this big fish, all the other little fishes will fire bullets at you. But they won’t if you don’t kill the big fish. That’s epic. Only SNK would do that. I wonder how far you guys have gotten. I can now get through level 3 and 4 but haven’t beat either boss yet. I’m using cheats to get past those bosses. This is on easy though.

jon

Postby jon » May 26th, 2022, 10:45 pm

I finally 1cc’d it on easy of course. I only died twice, both on the last level and totally avoidable. I’d been trying to do it without dying but it’s not the easiest thing in the world. I somehow got past the 5th boss with 1 firebomb and that helped at the end. I got the only extra life in the game on the 6th level which is funny it’s only one so I had a ton of lives to spare. I don’t know how it’s even possible to finish it on MVS with 1 credit.

jon

Postby jon » March 7th, 2023, 5:16 pm

It’s pretty hard getting back into this with how badly I want to get better. Beating it on easy only dying once is a tough ask to beat. I always feel bad sometimes because after a while bosses will self destruct if you don’t beat them in time and it makes me feel like I didn’t earn it. I’m thinking they self destruct maybe because of the arcades to keep making money instead of it taking forever. But it takes nerves to get to the last boss and come through in the “clutch”.

Return to “Now Playing”