Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy (Switch)

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 16th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Been playing this the last few nights, alongside the original Crash PS1 games on a CRT TV.

So the question is, do the new versions play as well as the old??

I think you know the answer...?

Stay tuned.

Sonicx9

Re: Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy (Switch)

Postby Sonicx9 » July 17th, 2019, 2:35 am

quote="VideoGameCritic"]Been playing this the last few nights, alongside the original Crash PS1 games on a CRT TV.

So the question is, do the new versions play as well as the old??

I think you know the answer...?

Stay tuned.[/quote]

Critic, are you going to re-review the PS1 trilogy before posting the review of the Switch remakes?

Also some of the issues for the remake are only in the Switch version: https://youtu.be/bCteF4zvd2c info starts in the 14:30 mark range. Can not wait for review's.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » July 17th, 2019, 8:48 am

Just bought this for PS4 on Amazon yesterday, after I saw the price dropped to $20 for Prime Day. Looking forward to the review. I played the original trilogy back in the PS1 days, but haven't tried played them again since then.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » July 17th, 2019, 10:06 am

Also review the version of Crash Bandicoot inside Uncharted 4.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » July 17th, 2019, 10:11 am

Gentlegamer wrote:Also review the version of Crash Bandicoot inside Uncharted 4.

:lol: That's the only time I've played Crash Bandicoot in the past 15 years.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » July 17th, 2019, 1:29 pm

From what I have seen, much of the gameplay was kept intact and many tricks/glitches were kept to keep the feel of the speedrunning, but I have seen runs where completely random glitches occur that never happened in the originals.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 23rd, 2020, 4:37 pm

In a post above I mentioned buying this game on PS4. I just finally got around to playing it this week. It's good timing for this PS1 throwback, since I'm also playing Final Fantasy VII Remake.

I played through the original trilogy back in the day. Crash Bandicoot 3 was my very first PS1 game when I got the system in 1998. I played the other two afterward, and my ranking from best to worst is: CB 3, CB 1, and then CB 2. All great games back in the day though, and my favorite platformer series of the PS1/N64 era.

With the N-Sane Trilogy, I went straight to playing CB3. As a game, it's still fun but I'm sure nostalgia plays a large role in my enjoyment. If I was a 13 year old kid, I don't know that I'd be that thrilled with the Crash Bandicoot formula today. But really more than anything, N-Sane Trilogy is a testament to how good Crash Bandicoot was to begin with. Most remakes of '90s games require massive upgrades to graphics, gameplay, level design, etc. They "reimagine" the game more than trying to emulate it. But I watched a Youtube video of the original CB3 and it's amazing how little has changed - the original still looks very playable and the remake is nearly identical. I almost wonder now if I even needed the remake, or should have just pulled out the PS1.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » April 24th, 2020, 8:33 am

Now that you mention it, the N.Sane trilogy wasn't a huge upgrade over the originals, in my opinion. I find that the ps1 games still look and play very good. They have stood the test of time. The only one I'd say got an upgrade was the first game, if only for the save feature.

Return to “Now Playing”