Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
CharlieR

Re: Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled (Switch)

Postby CharlieR » August 6th, 2019, 8:02 am

I played for a while last night. Had no problem with the controls really. The difficulty is strange. I did the same grand prix on both easy and medium. Easy provided little challenge, as I came in first on every race, but medium was pretty challenging. I came in 4th in the final standings. I consider myself to be pretty good at kart racers.

HawgWyld

Postby HawgWyld » August 6th, 2019, 1:07 pm

Got this for the PS4 and enjoyed it. I'll agree that the adventure mode is weirdly difficult, but I never liked it in the original CTR for the PS1, either. This is a great one to play against my wife (we had a blast playing CTR into the wee hours of the morning after we were first married) and this version replicates the original pretty well. The online races are fun, too.

And, yes, microtransactions suck. If I wanted to fool with those, I'd play a free game on my blasted phone. Don't come looking for money in a game I've already bought, you rascals!

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » August 13th, 2019, 2:26 pm

I like the fact that in this game, you can earn stuff after every race. Most of the time these are coins, sometimes skins. There are also challenges, which count towards your progress bar.

This may seem like common knowledge, but you have to be connected to a network to earn these, I'm pretty sure. I played this game on a long car ride, and after a couple races, I noticed I wasn't earning anything.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 3rd, 2019, 8:41 am

CharlieR wrote:I like the fact that in this game, you can earn stuff after every race. Most of the time these are coins, sometimes skins. There are also challenges, which count towards your progress bar.

This may seem like common knowledge, but you have to be connected to a network to earn these, I'm pretty sure. I played this game on a long car ride, and after a couple races, I noticed I wasn't earning anything.

Too bad that not the case anymore as they added Microtransactions in game (yuck!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSv0pEraKw0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LeZ89_u2Gc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qollvzS6_8

Herschie

Postby Herschie » February 9th, 2021, 11:24 am

I downloaded the PS4 version on my PS5 and I'm glad I only paid ten dollars for it. Cheap hits are everywhere, I'll be nowehere near those plants but they'll get me every time. You get clobbered one after another, and tend to lose races at the last second because of it. And tell me why Mariokart has better graphics?

And I know, ok, it's a kids game, but it's a little too kiddie for me.

Return to “Now Playing”