Spongebob Squarepants the Battle for Bikini Bottom (GameCube)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Spongebob Squarepants the Battle for Bikini Bottom (GameCube)

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 2nd, 2019, 4:01 pm

As I just Tweeted:
Playing Spongebob Squarepants the Battle for Bikini Bottom for the GameCube. This is one of the most playable 3D platformers I've seen, and the dialog makes me smile.

Thanks to whoever recommended this. It's really an effortlessly enjoyable play.

Sonicx9

Re: Spongebob Squarepants the Battle for Bikini Bottom (GameCube)

Postby Sonicx9 » August 2nd, 2019, 4:47 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:As I just Tweeted:
Playing Spongebob Squarepants the Battle for Bikini Bottom for the GameCube. This is one of the most playable 3D platformers I've seen, and the dialog makes me smile.

Thanks to whoever recommended this. It's really an effortlessly enjoyable play.

Good timing because this is coming soon next year: https://www.dualshockers.com/spongebob- ... hq-nordic/ for everything but Google Stadia and Atari VCS 2019, LOL!

And how it came to be was this deal from last year: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/0 ... rn_systems, you should thank THQ Nordic who not only revived most of the original THQ after going under, but also saved franchises like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and TimeSplitters. All I hope is they pick up Argonaut Games ips like Croc and Red Dog as they go after defunct ips for a good reason for preservation.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » August 2nd, 2019, 5:39 pm

Yes I've played it. I am not a platformer guy, but I enjoyed it I thought it was very funny just like the show.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » August 3rd, 2019, 3:29 pm

To quote LeBron: "It's about damn time" the critic reviews a Spongebob game.

Grew up with the show in its glory days (and seasons 1-3 still hold up even better as an adult) so I got this game and Revenge of the Flying Dutchman on the Gamecube, which was kind of a lame game. Battle for Bikini Bottom I remember being fantastic, however, and exploring everything the show had to offer was a real treat. I should track this down or see if I have it in my basement somewhere.

Sidenote: Have you noticed how everyone just calls the show Spongebob and not Spongebob Squarepants? It's the biggest show Nickelodeon has ever made and I always found that funny.

Return to “Now Playing”