Madden 20 (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Madden 20 (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 7th, 2019, 8:42 pm

How many more decades is EA's NFL exclusivity contract going to last? Madden 20 plays fine but EA has gotten so conservative with its development, it's hard to tell what's changed from last year.

I guess there are some new animations. The action is definitely crisp and polished, although it lacks the razzle dazzle of a TV style presentation. The commentators are great but you never even see them.

I'll start playing through the season and challenge a few friends before posting a review, but nothing to get exciting about.

Herschie

Re: Madden 20 (PS4)

Postby Herschie » September 7th, 2019, 11:28 pm

We are EA, bumbling crew. Another decent Madden was too good to be true! Like all EA games you knew we could...make another Madden that is really no good!

And The Show sucks too! I hate. Exclusive. Deals!

https://youtu.be/MI9wMpGCAs0

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » September 8th, 2019, 2:54 am

i hate exclusives too..i loved buying the different versions of sports games..i think in 2004 i had 4 different ps2 baseball games

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 8th, 2019, 12:43 pm

The good news is, the core gameplay is pretty solid.

The bad news is, it's pretty barebones. No chain measurements, no cheerleaders, you never see the commentators...

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » September 8th, 2019, 2:19 pm

Herschie wrote:We are EA, bumbling crew. Another decent Madden was too good to be true! Like all EA games you knew we could...make another Madden that is really no good!

UH HUUUUH!! UH HUUUUH!!

Seriously, though, who pays $60 for this game? It goes on sale for half price damn near every Black Friday, then after the Super Bowl, it's completely worthless. I mean, we live in a world where we already have Tecmo Super Bowl, NFL 2K5, and the OG NFL Blitz. What more do you want? Do you really expect any new football game to be better than that classic trio??

Return to “Now Playing”