Diablo 3 (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Diablo 3 (Switch)

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 14th, 2019, 10:31 am

So I recently picked this up cheap in the hope of enjoying some local four-player action. Ever noticed that setting up multi-player games on modern systems is a colossal pain in the ass? I mean everybody needs to sign in and then the character selection screens are so confusing. Somebody always inadvertently backs out to the title screen. So it took us about 15 minutes to set that up, and two of us were still the same character! Ugh.

When playing the game it seemed AWFULLY FAMILIAR. Then I consult the site and discover I've already reviewed this... way back in 2013 on my PS3!! Wow. I bought a game I already had. Won't be the first time.

So I think the multi-player angle fell a bit flat. It's kind of like herding cats. I wouldn't mind replaying this in single player mode though.

Sonicx9

Re: Diablo 3 (Switch)

Postby Sonicx9 » October 14th, 2019, 2:50 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:So I recently picked this up cheap in the hope of enjoying some local four-player action. Ever noticed that setting up multi-player games on modern systems is a colossal pain in the ass? I mean everybody needs to sign in and then the character selection screens are so confusing. Somebody always inadvertently backs out to the title screen. So it took us about 15 minutes to set that up, and two of us were still the same character! Ugh.

When playing the game it seemed AWFULLY FAMILIAR. Then I consult the site and discover I've already reviewed this... way back in 2013 on my PS3!! Wow. I bought a game I already had. Won't be the first time.

So I think the multi-player angle fell a bit flat. It's kind of like herding cats. I wouldn't mind replaying this in single player mode though.

FYI Critic, Diablo 3 on Switch is called Diablo III: Eternal Collection, the version on PS3 you review is the Vanilla 2013 console version as the PS3/Xbox 360 did get Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition along with PS4 and Xbox One versions the, later 2 still being supported up to Rise of the Necromancer pack and beyond which did come to PS4 and Xbox One before Switch. So the Switch port is actually based on a newer more polished version of the PS3 game.

Return to “Now Playing”