Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox 360)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox 360)

Postby Herschie » October 14th, 2019, 1:32 pm

With no Bears game yesterday, I was searching for something to do. Actually, my wife and I went up to the pumpkin farm in Wisconsin, but when we got back, I noticed my 360 out of the corner of my eye. To tell you the truth, it's the system I play the least out of my collection, and it's been sitting in my closet since we moved into this place back in late July. Funny how I would play it all the time about ten years ago, but nowadays I hardly touch it.

Well, that changed last night. Played a quick game of Madden, then I decided to put in SSASRwBK. I remember playing this back in like 2010, and insisting that my roommates give it a try because it was so good. Actually got me off of MLB 2K10 for a while. The graphics were amazing for the time, and the racing was fun.

Not to say the game isn't without fault. The tracks can be confusing, and as Critic says, constantly running into walls is no fun. I also wish they had two different drift buttons, one for drifting right, and the other for drifting left. To make matters worse, the drift button is LT, so it gets confusing, and often you'll find yourself drifting the wrong way, right into walls. Which, as I just mentioned, is no fun. Drift left should have been LT, and drift right should have been RT.

Still, this game is quite fun, though not enough to knock off Mario Kart.

Sonicx9

Re: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox 360)

Postby Sonicx9 » October 14th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Herschie wrote:With no Bears game yesterday, I was searching for something to do. Actually, my wife and I went up to the pumpkin farm in Wisconsin, but when we got back, I noticed my 360 out of the corner of my eye. To tell you the truth, it's the system I play the least out of my collection, and it's been sitting in my closet since we moved into this place back in late July. Funny how I would play it all the time about ten years ago, but nowadays I hardly touch it.

Well, that changed last night. Played a quick game of Madden, then I decided to put in SSASRwBK. I remember playing this back in like 2010, and insisting that my roommates give it a try because it was so good. Actually got me off of MLB 2K10 for a while. The graphics were amazing for the time, and the racing was fun.

Not to say the game isn't without fault. The tracks can be confusing, and as Critic says, constantly running into walls is no fun. I also wish they had two different drift buttons, one for drifting right, and the other for drifting left. To make matters worse, the drift button is LT, so it gets confusing, and often you'll find yourself drifting the wrong way, right into walls. Which, as I just mentioned, is no fun. Drift left should have been LT, and drift right should have been RT.

Still, this game is quite fun, though not enough to knock off Mario Kart.

Would love it on Switch someday!

Return to “Now Playing”