Lethal Enforcers (SNES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Lethal Enforcers (SNES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 13th, 2020, 8:51 pm

I have to admit, this game looks and sounds much, MUCH better than the Genesis game, which suffered from severely grainy graphics and scratchy samples. And the stage select is huge also.

One interesting downside is when you shoot a civilian, you don't get the scream and red X. Instead the screen just said warning and the innocent keeps moving like nothing happened. Obviously this had to do with Nintendo policy on violence, but it's kind of lame.

I think I might be revising all my Lethal Enforcers reviews, if necessary.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Lethal Enforcers (SNES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 14th, 2020, 10:33 am

I was reading the warnings section of the Lethal Enforcers manual. It says "do not point the game gun at the sun". I wonder what would happen?!

Voor

Postby Voor » April 14th, 2020, 12:56 pm

Obviously you’ll capture some of the sun’s energy in your gun, causing your CRT TV to explode when all that raw power is unleashed upon it.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 14th, 2020, 2:54 pm

In all honesty, it wouldn't do anything if you went outside today and pointed at the sun. But in 1992 when Lethal Enforcers was a popular new game, they were worried that if a bunch of kids (like 10 or so) around the world were coincidentally shooting their Justifier into the sky at the same time the sun would blow up.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » April 14th, 2020, 6:55 pm

Alright you're trying out a game I reviewed some time ago! Glad you're enjoying it Critic! I've beaten it once and I'm grateful for the idea of choosing your stages in any order really boosts replayability! I once made it all the way through the Chinatown stage without losing 1 life and kept the Shotgun powerup even into the boss fight, it was wonderful!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 15th, 2020, 11:18 am

Fun fact: if you own the "player 2 pink gun" for the Genesis game, you can use it with the SNES, since it connects to the same "phone" jack under the blue gun.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 26th, 2020, 8:36 pm

I just noticed a major flaw with the SNES, after playing it back-to-back with the Genesis version.

The animation is not nearly as smooth, which makes the criminals look more like cardboard cut-outs.

You can shoot out glass panes which is cool, but the driving shootouts are lame. When you shoot a car hanging out the door, he doesn't roll off, but disappears instead. Also when you defeat the rocket-launching boss he disappears.

The SNES definitely has sharper graphics, and the audio is on par with the Sega CD. But when you take into account this lousy animation it might just be a wash.

Return to “Now Playing”