Slalom (NES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Slalom (NES)

Postby Herschie » April 17th, 2020, 1:44 pm

I'm sure that growing up we all thought of getting this game from Toys R Us at one point or another. But in my case, I was lucky my parents even took me there after all the trouble I would get in at school. So often I could only pick out one thing, and "Slalom" was never it.

One Friday I did plan on getting the game, but my teacher sent me home with a detention slip for my parents to sign right as the bell rang. Talk about rotten luck! Or perhaps it was my fault for putting a Ho Ho on some kid's seat. I never learn!

There are no detentions at age 38, and with COVID-19 going around, I'm stuck inside the house making sales calls. Actually I worked from home before all this started, and I'm basically playing video games every second I'm on the phone. So I figured I'd try some Slalom.

Overall, it's a fun little game. You ski down a slope trying to go between the flags, all the while avoiding obstacles. Later on for some reason they let children sled on the same slope, so you have to try and avoid the little brats. You're on a timer and when the clock runs out, you're done.

It's too bad I was always being a brat myself, this game sure beats some of the games I had growing up, such as Bible Adventures.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Slalom (NES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 17th, 2020, 2:20 pm

This has long been one of my go-to games for a snowy night. The game is easy to play and seems to be set at night with glimmering stars in the sky.

I wouldn't play it now because it's not seasonally correct, although it is still quite chilly out!

Herschie

Re: Slalom (NES)

Postby Herschie » April 17th, 2020, 2:34 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This has long been one of my go-to games for a snowy night. The game is easy to play and seems to be set at night with glimmering stars in the sky.

I wouldn't play it now because it's not seasonally correct, although it is still quite chilly out!

Actually there was two inches of snow on the ground in Chicago this morning. Imagine selling lawncare with that. But I did, and had to pause the game to put in the order.

Return to “Now Playing”