Secret of Mana (SNES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Secret of Mana (SNES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 2nd, 2020, 4:56 pm

I'm still playing this. I'm up to the Gold City. Sometimes I want to quit but I always come back. There's some kind of Stockholm syndrome happening.

Now I remember why I don't play many RPGs. If I was actually working this game would probably take me a year or more.

Retro STrife

Re: Secret of Mana (SNES)

Postby Retro STrife » May 2nd, 2020, 5:34 pm

That's the life of an RPG gamer.. and a large reason I don't play as many these days. Even in the 90s, back when I was in school, it would take me over a year to beat an RPG. And I almost always wanted to quit at some point during the game. And often I did quit, and then came back after a month or two. Sometimes you need that break when a game is dozens of hours long. But it'll be good to see you review a 16-bit JRPG, so it's worth it. I haven't ever played Secret of Mana, but it's usually pretty high on any all-time ranking.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » May 2nd, 2020, 8:18 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm still playing this. I'm up to the Gold City. Sometimes I want to quit but I always come back. There's some kind of Stockholm syndrome happening.

Now I remember why I don't play many RPGs. If I was actually working this game would probably take me a year or more.

You'd think a man of your age would have a longer attention span.

strat

Postby strat » May 3rd, 2020, 2:59 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Sometimes I want to quit but I always come back. There's some kind of Stockholm syndrome happening.

Because no matter how many little gripes one might have with Secret of Mana, it rulez. Always has, always will.

Return to “Now Playing”