Street Fighter The Movie (Saturn)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Street Fighter The Movie (Saturn)

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 15th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Maybe it's because I just watched the film, but I'm kind of enjoying this. It's fascinating how they tried to apply Mortal Kombat-style digitized graphics to Street Fighter. The digitized characters look okay but the animation is jumpy. How Guile can go from standing upright to performing an upside-down kick in one frame I don't know! This game lacks the flow of a real Street Fighter game, and I found the moves hard to execute.

I did however like the "Movie" mode. Here you control Guile is a branching-path story that vaguely follows the movie. Depending on which branches you choose, you might be treated to scenes from the film. This mode is played on a timer so you're trying to complete the story before time runs out.

Buttermancan

Re: Street Fighter The Movie (Saturn)

Postby Buttermancan » May 17th, 2020, 8:02 am

I remember this game reviewing very poorly back in the day but it's actually not that bad. The main thing holding it back is the very cheap A.I in single player. Play it against a friend and its quite entertaining! Not as smooth and fun as MK or normal Street Fighter games but still fun non the less.

Return to “Now Playing”