Hagane (SNES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Hagane (SNES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 22nd, 2020, 9:16 pm

Picked up a repro copy of this after reading about it in an old magazine.

- industrial skyline at night CHECK
- enemies who look like Scorpion and Raiden CHECK
- rapid-fire projectile throwing CHECK

Yeah Hudson Soft definitely had me in mind when they made this. It's the most intense precision ninja style action I've seen since Ninja Gaiden 3! So far I'm liking it a lot. Controls and graphics very crisp. This is a quality game. I can only assume it wasn't a big hit because it arrived so late in the SNES lifecycle.

DrLitch

Re: Hagane (SNES)

Postby DrLitch » May 23rd, 2020, 10:07 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Picked up a repro copy of this after reading about it in an old magazine.

- industrial skyline at night CHECK
- enemies who look like Scorpion and Raiden CHECK
- rapid-fire projectile throwing CHECK

Yeah Hudson Soft definitely had me in mind when they made this. It's the most intense precision ninja style action I've seen since Ninja Gaiden 3! So far I'm liking it a lot. Controls and graphics very crisp. This is a quality game. I can only assume it wasn't a big hit because it arrived so late in the SNES lifecycle.

If memory serves me right this was a Blockbuster only game.

This game would have been an epic title had it mass released in 1993. The SNES always missed out on the likes of Shinobi and Strider.

I look forward to your review and I am sure you will not forget to mention that this game is one of the most difficult titles in the SNES library as well.

Gentlegamer

Re: Hagane (SNES)

Postby Gentlegamer » May 23rd, 2020, 4:55 pm

I don't know if it has been verified but in collector circles the game is a Blockbuster Video exclusive so it wasn't as widely distributed as it should have been.

Return to “Now Playing”