Double Dragon 1-3 (NES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Double Dragon 1-3 (NES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 3rd, 2020, 2:41 pm

So I recently realized I hadn't reviewed Double Dragon 3, so to properly grade it I felt the need to revisit the first two. I will post all three new reviews soon, but here's a few thoughts.

Double Dragon - the lack of a two-player mode might bother me more if the single-player mode wasn't so much fun. Great music too.

Double Dragon II - the controls take some getting used to, but love how it expands upon the game with more elaborate, cinematic stages.

Double Dragon III - at first I hated this because it is so hard and unforgiving. Now that I've been getting good at it, I'm warming up to it a little.

Thoughts?

BanjoPickles

Re: Double Dragon 1-3 (NES)

Postby BanjoPickles » June 3rd, 2020, 10:01 pm

I’ve always felt that I was in the vast minority in that I loved DD3 on NES more than the other two. The first game had so many glitches, and I hated that only two enemies would appear at a time. Also, whose bright idea was it to include protruding bricks that had no rhyme or reason? I remember getting to that section, with all of my lives intact, only to drain them on that section alone!

Double Dragon 2 was fun, but I absolutely HATED the reversing controls. It completely messed me up.

Double Dragon 3 was cheap and, occasionally, unresponsive (I hated how the spin kick only seemed to work half of the time), but I loved being able to play as different character and being able to switch out, on the fly. It was a ludicrously difficult game, but not unbeatable.

Return to “Now Playing”