Gatasu

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
lynchie137

Gatasu

Postby lynchie137 » June 4th, 2020, 8:56 pm

Was watching an episode of Arcade USA on You Tube today, and in this particular episode, the host Willie was playing through a game called "Gatasu". It's basically Galaga on steroids, with insanely fast gameplay and enemy ships that move in more unpredictable patterns and speeds. It's a lot tougher than Galaga imho, but it's a heck of a lot of fun. Especially when you get the double shot power up. Grab a hold of that as soon as you can and watch your scores go through the roof..

Here's the link to the game if you wanna give it a go for yourself. Now if you'll excuse me, i think I'll get in a few more rounds before I turn in for the evening...

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=32504#p

ActRaiser

Re: Gatasu

Postby ActRaiser » June 16th, 2020, 2:41 pm

That's pretty slick. I fumbled around for a bit trying to figure out how to start it. I think it's V. Regardless, it's pretty slick.

I backed out a bit to see what website it's hosted on. The game was built on something called PICO-8.

I copied/pasted the engine details.

Welcome to PICO-8!
PICO-8 is a fantasy console for making, sharing and playing tiny games and other computer programs. It feels like a regular console, but runs on Windows / Mac / Linux. When you turn it on, the machine greets you with a commandline, a suite of cartridge creation tools, and an online cartridge browser called SPLORE.

It's always fun to learn something new.

Return to “Now Playing”