Insector X (Genesis)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Insector X (Genesis)

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 12th, 2020, 5:32 pm

Why didn't you guys tell me I was missing this? I stumbled upon this somewhere on the internet and thought, "this is the kind of side-scrolling shooter I love!"

Sure enough, Insector X meets my criteria. Rapid-fire shooting, special weapons, and you can't even crash into the scenery. You can rub against water below or a cave wall and you're fine. A little slow but I like it.

If you guys know of any other shooters like this that I'm missing please let me know!

TheEagleXIII

Re: Insector X (Genesis)

Postby TheEagleXIII » June 13th, 2020, 3:05 pm

For some reason I thought I had seen you review this one.

I read somewhere online that this game was a dud... but then read recently in some old issues of SEGA Pro that it was amazing. Might have been vice versa, but either way, I didn't know which opinion to trust!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 13th, 2020, 7:01 pm

It's possible I got this confused with the Genesis shooter Grenada, because on the box it looks like the title is XGrenadaX. So confusing.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » June 14th, 2020, 10:03 am

Never heard of this one. By the name, I thought it might be related to the game Ranger X (also a side-scrolling shooter on Genesis, which you have reviewed), but I looked into it and they are produced by separate companies and completely unrelated.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 14th, 2020, 10:19 am

I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit, especially since it's seasonally correct.

Return to “Now Playing”