Maneater (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Maneater (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 19th, 2020, 2:06 pm

When will I ever learn? Maneater is just like those old Jaws Unleashed games. Exhausting and disorienting. You smash boats and eat the people in the very first stage, so there's nothing to look forward to after that.

I find it interesting how this game is being referred to as an RPG. Had the meaning of RPG changed, or do people not know what they're talking about?

lynchie137

Re: Maneater (PS4)

Postby lynchie137 » June 20th, 2020, 9:17 pm

I've no idea on what this game is all about. But the title of it reminds me of the Hall & Oates song of the same name. Which I can safely say is nothing but a good thing... :lol:

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Maneater (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 28th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Well I continue to suffer through this. So once you get far enough in the first area, this blinking icon appears on a gate. Naturally I think that's my next destination.

I tried so hard to open that gate but it has a switch about 50 feet in the air. So I'm going crazy doing all the tedious missions in the area trying to make progress. There are other areas of the map but there's no passage to them from this area. Or so it would seem.

Finally checked the internet, and turns out you CAN reach those other areas. The map is just wrong. Apparently you need to go through just about ALL the surrounding areas before you can open this stupid gate. This is some horrible game design.

And oh yeah the next area over has this maze of sewer tubes that made me ill trying to navigate.

Return to “Now Playing”