Persona 5

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
DaHeckIzDat

Persona 5

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 8th, 2020, 2:05 pm

15 hours into Persona 5, and I'm really liking it so far. 4 was great, but Atlus still managed to improve it. Still, I'm already thinking about quitting. Now that Persona 5 Royale is out, offering even more improvements to what was already an amazing game, I think it might be worth it to buy that and start over. My two main (and only) gripes are that negotiating with persona is harder than it should be because none of the dialogue options really make sense, and the way Morgana forces you to go to bed makes it hard to do things at night. Apparently, Royale fixes both of these issues, so maybe I'll bail while I'm still early in the game (yes, 15 hours is early) and go straight to the best stuff.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Persona 5

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 10th, 2020, 2:17 pm

All right, I was lucky enough to find a copy of Persona 5 Royal...though I think I made an enemy out of the game store owner, since he said he really REALLY wanted to buy it himself, haha. So let's see what all it does differently than the vanilla version.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » September 11th, 2020, 1:17 pm

Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts in comparison to Persona 4. Ptdebate would probably have some thoughts too if still around, I know pt was a big fan of the series.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 12th, 2020, 9:31 am

The story is a lot more...active in this game. While I love 4's story, this one is a lot more in your face and personal. I find myself getting legitimately angry at the first villain, even on my second playthrough. I'm 6 hours in so far and haven't seen a whole lot thats different. They introduced a new character during the intro, and a new gadget, but I haven't encountered either so far. But I'm still in the early hours of the game, when it's still railroading me from day to day to set up the story, so I expect I'll see more differences when it opens up later.

Return to “Now Playing”