NFL Street (Gamecube)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Retrology

NFL Street (Gamecube)

Postby Retrology » September 12th, 2020, 3:29 pm

With one game of the new NFL season out of the way and a day away from the first Sunday of football, I figured I'd repurchase a game I grew up playing. This is pure 2000's in terms of style and it's also a lot of fun.

Passing is tougher than NFL Blitz but more rewarding since you get to choose between jump ball catches or making an over the shoulder grab on deep passes. Defense is also tougher but you get more turnovers and unlike Blitz it doesn't feel "rigged" against you when you score more points, keeping games from being artificially close.

For me, I always love using the Vikings as it combines the big armed mobility of Daunte Culpepper with maybe the most talented receiver in NFL history in Randy Moss. Juking players is so satisfying not only because it builds your gamebreaker meter, but because it looks aesthetically pleasing to break someone's ankles in the blink of an eye.

So yeah, addicted to this game, can't wait to try multiplayer out! I'll be playing this throughout the NFL season.

CharlieR

Re: NFL Street (Gamecube)

Postby CharlieR » September 14th, 2020, 11:43 am

I remember this game. I don't think I ever really got into it that much, but it was ok. I don't think I was ever really that good at it, but I should give it another try.

Return to “Now Playing”