Star Wars, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
DaHeckIzDat

Star Wars, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (PS4)

Postby DaHeckIzDat » December 27th, 2020, 11:44 am

I downloaded this game on sale for $5 yesterday. It's one of those games that is practically LEGENDARY, so I figured I was in for a good time. The first level starts you off in first person with just a blaster, but that was fine with me. An old school Doom/Quake Star Wars shooter? Sign me up! An hour later, though, I was STILL on the first level, and found myself way less enthusiastic about ever going further. The aiming in this game is TERRIBLE! Even standing still, hitting anything is extremely difficult. And doing it while moving? Forget it! Even the aiming reticule doesn't help, since I can be pointing out right at an enemy and SOMEHOW STILL MISS. I thought I was shooting storm troopers, but apparently I AM ONE. How this game got to be so insanely popular is beyond me. I heard it gets better once you have access to a lightsaber, but the fact that I have to put up with some of the worst first person shooting I've ever seen makes me wonder if getting to that point would even be worth it.

Return to “Now Playing”