Open Sesame (Atari 2600)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Open Sesame (Atari 2600)

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 31st, 2020, 9:27 am

This is another PAL somebody sent me. I'm playing it on my Harmony Cart (how did I ever get along without this?)

Anyway the game is a Donkey Kong knock off, but a GOOD one! The graphics are high-res, and the rope climbing gameplay is pretty fun. Unfortunately like many PAL games there's only one skill level, and it starts off very easy before hitting a "wall" later on. Review forthcoming.

goldenband

Re: Open Sesame (Atari 2600)

Postby goldenband » January 7th, 2021, 3:30 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This is another PAL somebody sent me. I'm playing it on my Harmony Cart (how did I ever get along without this?)

Anyway the game is a Donkey Kong knock off, but a GOOD one! The graphics are high-res, and the rope climbing gameplay is pretty fun. Unfortunately like many PAL games there's only one skill level, and it starts off very easy before hitting a "wall" later on. Review forthcoming.

Hey, just saw this -- obviously I've seen the review, but still, glad you enjoyed it!

And yeah, flash carts for all these systems are a godsend. They open a whole world of things -- translation patches, improvement hacks, homebrews, prototypes, etc. I love that you're reviewing these PAL rarities on Atari 2600, they've always been so overlooked (though that's begun to change a bit in the last few years).

Return to “Now Playing”