Karnov (NES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Karnov (NES)

Postby Herschie » January 8th, 2021, 8:53 am

This wasn't really a game I was much interested in back in grade school. I always wanted to go outside and throw the football like I was Jim Harbaugh, so when my friend started playing I was a little too antsy to enjoy it. I am 39 now and don't feel like throwing the ball outside like Mitch Trubisky.

And I see what I was missing. This is a difficult but fun game to play. The thing of it is, I don't have the instruction manual, and I feel it would help tremendously to explain some of the items I'm picking up and what exactly it is that they do. I like how you can collect those orbs to basically turn your shot into the spread beam from Contra (THE ultimate video game weapon). Unfortunately you also feel the same dread once you die and lose it.

Also the music and graphics are pretty cool.

Gentlegamer

Re: Karnov (NES)

Postby Gentlegamer » January 8th, 2021, 1:44 pm

Karnov is a great game, but you're right, you need to know what the items are and how to use them. Try looking up the game manual online or instructions at gameFAQs

snakeboy

Re: Karnov (NES)

Postby snakeboy » January 12th, 2021, 8:44 am

I remember borrowing Karnov from a friend back in junior high for a week, and the whole time I had it I was sick as a dog. Once I returned it I made a complete recovery back to full health. Coincidence?

Well, I now own the game as an adult and have played it with no ill effects so maybe the game wasn't responsible for my illness as a kid, but I still have a weird nostalgia for it thanks to that incident.

Return to “Now Playing”