Piko Collection I (Evercade)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Piko Collection I (Evercade)

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 1st, 2021, 8:52 am

Well, if I get that Xeno game, I might just reach critical mass on a new portable section.

Is the Evercade growing in popularity?

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » February 1st, 2021, 9:34 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Well, if I get that Xeno game, I might just reach critical mass on a new portable section.

Is the Evercade growing in popularity?

Not sure but Xeno is great. Probably a killer app for it.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » February 1st, 2021, 2:28 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
snakeboy wrote:Why not just have a section for the Evercade under portables and post reviews for its games like you would for any other system?

I could do it, but that would mean adding it to my database which implies some sort of a commitment. I've been on the fence about the Evercade since day 1, and I'm still not sure it's something I want to pursue (as it, keep buying carts). I only have four carts, so if I'm not planning on getting more, wouldn't be much of a section.

Especially for someone who prefers playing on the "big screen", the overall experience is pretty marginal. And while the library appears to be growing, I've yet to see any "must have" carts. If they exist, please point me in the right direction.

Of note, Evercade was noted to be developing a console version of their handheld that will run the same carts.

The Piko Collection I cart is the cart I play the most on the Evercade, due to the sheer variety of genres and titles that I find interesting (Jim Power is a fave, though more for the music and art, the game is a slog if you play without save states; it's a guilty pleasure for me).

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » February 1st, 2021, 3:11 pm

It's my understanding that a consolized Evercade has never been confirmed as in the works. Rather, they talk like it's a possibility that they're open to considering in the future.

Return to “Now Playing”