Moon: Remix RPG Adventure

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Crummylion

Moon: Remix RPG Adventure

Postby Crummylion » March 14th, 2021, 4:57 pm

I don't exactly remember where I heard of this game, but I remember hearing this game was the inspiration of Undertale (which later inspired one of the devs to localize and port this game, being originally on the ps1,) and it was by some of the main people that later developed Chulip and Rule of Rose, the latter of which I had somewhat of an interest in.
So basically, you play as a kid sucked into an RPG and you must undo the damage caused by the game's protagonist, essentially a meta-game. The game starts out kinda sluggish, but when you get past the intro, all you have to do is explore and the world and characters honestly carries the game. Each day, you have a timer that acts as your energy and you either extend it by gaining love (this game's xp,) or eating food. You're already encouraged to collect love to fix the world, but getting more energy and thus doing more things each day is an incentive. In order to gain love, you either have to do favors for the other NPCs or reclaim the souls of the monsters slain by the protagonist. There's no set path you need to go, just talk to NPCs for an idea of what you can do to further achieve your goal, kinda like a point and click game or more like Majora's Mask since the NPCs do things at certain times of the day. For example, visit the bar at night and order a drink. The bartender will then talk about her lost ring and description more or less revealing where she left it. Find the ring at the right time and take it to her and you're rewarded with love. The writing is overall tongue-in-cheek and gave me a chuckle for some of the NPCs I came across, giving me motivation to keep going.
So far, I'm liking this game and interested to see what else this game holds. Only problem I have is the player's running speed is pretty slow for my liking.

ActRaiser

Re: Moon: Remix RPG Adventure

Postby ActRaiser » March 16th, 2021, 10:54 am

I found an interesting wiki read about it.

Are you playing it on the Switch?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon:_Remix_RPG_Adventure

It looks like it would be a fun game to try. How's your experience been with it since you posted your initial impressions?

Crummylion

Re: Moon: Remix RPG Adventure

Postby Crummylion » March 17th, 2021, 2:51 am

ActRaiser wrote:I found an interesting wiki read about it.

Are you playing it on the Switch?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon:_Remix_RPG_Adventure

It looks like it would be a fun game to try. How's your experience been with it since you posted your initial impressions?

Yeah, meant to indicate what I was playing it on in the thread title, but forgot.

So far it's been really good. Got to the point where I could stay up in-game for two days straight without sleep. I'll be honest when I say I mainly refer to a guide or google when I'm stuck, even at the most obvious of moments. But there were times where I felt google was necessary, like when souls would just appear if you just stand still in a specific area in a specific moment of time. Besides that, finding certain souls felt ingenious the way they were set, making me feel like an idiot for using a guide. Also, one moment that stood out was when I had to train with a kooky monk just to get a soul that he claimed to be his god. Crazy.

Return to “Now Playing”