Circus Convoy (Atari 2600)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Circus Convoy (Atari 2600)

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 30th, 2021, 9:42 pm

This is one a lot of people have been waiting for - a brand new Atari 2600 game by a pair of legendary designers!

Circus Convey is a really neat concept that's ripe for fun animations and surprises. Remember the scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where young indy was running along the circus box cars? It's a lot like that.

The gameplay feels like a cross between Atari 2600 classics Pitfall (platforming) and Raiders of the Lost Ark (item manipulation). I haven't gotten very far yet but it's a pretty sophisticated game.

The graphics are fantastic in that classic Activision way. Lots of colors, lots of screens, and crisp, well-defined characters.

There's also an innovative system that lets you upload your high scores to their web site at
https://www.adgm.us/portal/scores.html

pacman000

Re: Circus Convey (Atari 2600)

Postby pacman000 » March 30th, 2021, 10:19 pm

Started off as a western-themed sequel to Keystone Capers, if memory serves.

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » March 31st, 2021, 8:34 am

pacman000 wrote:Started off as a western-themed sequel to Keystone Capers, if memory serves.

Actually, I believe 'yes and no'. Dan Kitchen (one of the 3 guys) has been showing that sequel to KC for a while, it is now Casey's Gold - a different game from Circus Convoy. It is due to be published by Audacity this summer. However, there are clear similarities between the two games. Circus Convoy has a guy jumping across truck cabs and trailer cars, where Casey's Gold has a guy jumping across Railroad cars on a train. :) I'm sure there are gameplay differences however, but it sure looks like David Crane and Garry Kitchen guy used the same engine that Dan Kitchen used for Casey's Gold. Of course, Garry Kitchen created the original Keystone Capers, so its possible it is the other way around and Dan is using Garry's engine.

VGC wrote: Circus Convey (Atari 2600)

Can't you spell the name correctly? :)

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 1st, 2021, 9:33 am

Cafeman wrote:
pacman000 wrote:Started off as a western-themed sequel to Keystone Capers, if memory serves.

VGC wrote: Circus Convey (Atari 2600)

Can't you spell the name correctly? :)

I think he is conveying the meaning rather well. Lol. Though it is a bit of a circus here. Boom boom.

Cafeman

Re: Circus Convoy (Atari 2600)

Postby Cafeman » April 1st, 2021, 10:36 am

oi!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 18th, 2021, 6:37 pm

Anybody playing this? I need help in the crocodile car. I keep jumping across the crocs and when I grab the star it appears on the other side! What gives?

SpiceWare

Postby SpiceWare » April 19th, 2021, 8:59 am

You can earn 5 stars in each sideshow, just jump back & forth across the crocodiles until you get all 5.

There's a tips topic over at AtariAge that you might find helpful:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/31889 ... -spoilers/

Return to “Now Playing”