MLB The Show 21 (Playstation 5)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

MLB The Show 21 (Playstation 5)

Postby Herschie » April 16th, 2021, 6:43 pm

Oh, the hype! Just like after 2003, 2004 was supposed to be THE year for the Cubbies! Also whatever happened to these young teams who were supposed to dominate after 1984 and 1989 But that's all it was, hype! This is not shaping up to be a good review, is it?

Well it's not terrible, but not really all that great. All March all we heard about was Stadium Creator, which looked great. Finally would I be able to create old Astroturf stadiums like Veterans, Three Rivers, and Riverfront. Well, almost. You see, while they have synthetic turf as an option, they don't let you use a field with sliding pits like they had back then. And it's rather cumbersome designing your stadiums as well. I tried for a while last night but finally had to give up as I had to get to bed for work in the morning.

But then when you finally get them perfect, get this; YOU CAN ONLY PLAY DAYTIME WITH CLEAR WEATHER! What the heck is that? I guess the developers didn't have time to properly program the lighting into the created stadiums. So that means that it's basically incomplete unless you want to play 81 home games a season in clear sunny daylight.

I harp on that because there isn't really much new. Now I will say that the lighting is excellent on the PS5, especially at night. And there is a slight difference in graphics. Much as in I didn't notice the difference between PS3 and PS4 until I went back to PS3, it wasn't until I played the PS4 version (They give you that for free with the purchase of the PS5 game) that I saw the differences.

In any case, I have the game, so I'm off to take a nap then I'll start my franchise. Hopefully I don't have much of a honey-do list this weekend!

Return to “Now Playing”