Redout PC

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
BlasteroidAli

Redout PC

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 22nd, 2021, 9:22 pm

The critic was not really that impressed by Redshift. I feel that he only has the base game and since he is a ps4 player he is missing out on so much. Back in the sands of time I had an Atari 800xl which was basically the XEGS. English Software produced this amazing racing game. Fabulous graphics for the time and it felt a bit like Williams Star rider. Does anyone remember that one from the arcades? Think of Stun Runner and you have the idea. So Electraglide looked the biz but I could never get very far as like most 800xl games it was rock hard.
So I am playing part of the DLC for Redout. The fixed a lot of the problems with the tracks in the DLC allowing you to get up to speed as they are a lot wider. There is this one piece of dlc the planet Vertex. It is all polygons rotating. The music is awesome but nothing can prepare you for how good the graphics are. Also there are loads tracks. Well 6 given that all the dlc has 6 new tracks it is great as I have 30 new tracks. Not something that a small number.

All this for £2. The power of the pc. The ps4 boasts a lightspeed edition which includes Neptune and Europa.
Last edited by BlasteroidAli on April 22nd, 2021, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Redout PC

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 22nd, 2021, 10:17 pm

I had just played the DLC which is great. When I am playing the base game it is a generic racer. It is like they wanted to do Wipeout/ Fzero but did not really get it. That is probably why they put out the dlc. The tracks are a lot better. Driving around the desert is not much fun at all. So for the base game I agree with the critic.

Return to “Now Playing”