Quantum Break (Xbox One)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Quantum Break (Xbox One)

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 25th, 2021, 8:23 pm

This came highly recommended and after two days of installation headaches, I'm finally playing!

The game begins on a college campus at night and the atmosphere is pretty amazing! You visit an old friend who shows you an experiment he's working on. It has to do with time travel, and wouldn't you know - it goes haywire. Once soldiers descend upon the campus you can use various "time abilities" to survive and try to figure out what's going on.

The production values are great. It's like watching a movie and you can even recognize the actors! One area that's not quite so realistic is the ragdoll physics of dead bodies lying around. You can kick them all over the place. During on scene a body got caught in an elevator door and it was spazzing out like crazy. I don't think it was meant to be so hilarious because the tone of the game is pretty serious.

Anyway so far so good. Expect a review in a few weeks or so...

BlasteroidAli

Re: Quantum Break (Xbox One)

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 25th, 2021, 9:29 pm

I have it. It is innovative. You have the TV series right in the middle of the game. It makes the game huge. It is by the same people who made Alan Wake and Control.

I seem to remember I liked it a lot.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 27th, 2021, 6:21 pm

It just keeps getting better. So I started watching the "TV show" portion and after few minutes it said it couldn't stream - probably due to my weak internet signal.

Anyway I was given the option to download the episodes, which I am doing now. So yeah, another night of downloading and installing.

All this to play an offline game? Garbage.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 7th, 2021, 7:57 pm

I downloaded the whole 100 Gb.
Though you can see the whole thing on you tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_3MtQDNNts&ab_channel=MKIceAndFireMKIceAndFireVerified

remember Control is by Remedy so you can play that on your chosen platform. I have it on pc and it is great. A cross between Alan Wake and Quantum Break.

Return to “Now Playing”