Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360)

Postby Herschie » July 4th, 2021, 2:49 pm

Ok, for those who are putting the words "Herschie" and "burnout" together, yes I was a burnout stoner at the time this came out. I had two pretty terrible hookups at the time; either I was getting used to all the stems and seeds or I was getting severely ripped off by the other guy. Actually inspired me to quit for a while and get my life together.

But I digress. This game is surprisingly fun. I grabbed it from EBay, and sorry Critic, I think I forgot to use your link. When I loaded it up, my save files were still on there...from August 7th, 2007!!!

My wife (Girlfriend at the time) and I actually enjoyed playing this and it was satisfying pushing each other into walls and obstacles (To this day I still get a kick out of cutting her off into a bush when we're out for a walk). I also remember being amazed at the different paint colors for your vehicle, though you hardly have any paint left at the end of the race.

You also get many different events. Some you flat out race, others give you points for taking out other racers. It's fun plowing through other slowpokes on the road and I really wish that were an option in real life.

This is most certainly a game that provides mindless fun, and sometimes that's just what you need.

Retro STrife

Re: Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360)

Postby Retro STrife » July 6th, 2021, 12:23 am

Love Burnout Revenge. I sank a ton of time into this one on the original Xbox. The race modes were great in single player, but for me, Crash mode was the best way to play with friends. Good memories bringing the Xbox over to a friends house, having drinks, and just playing it for hours.

I got a revived interest in it out of nowhere too. Just a few months ago, actually. Mostly I wanted to try playing Crash mode again. Figured it was a good "casual" game to play with the wife. But the Xbox version is not backward compatible to the 360.. well, I didn't feel like dragging the hulking old Xbox out to the living room, so I just bought the 360 version of the game. Crash mode isn't quite as great as I remembered, but still had a good time with it.

Buttermancan

Re: Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360)

Postby Buttermancan » August 10th, 2021, 6:10 am

This game is awesome and should be released everywhere again like Skyrim.

Return to “Now Playing”