Cruis'n Blast (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Cruis'n Blast (Switch)

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 11th, 2021, 7:46 pm

I really can't get enough of this one. While it seems very shallow at first, it's actually quite exhilarating to edge out a competitor at the finish line, especially via a Burnout-style "take down".

The tracks are dazzling and I'm trying really hard to unlock each and every one.

The four-player split-screen mode is just icing on the cake. If you miss old Dreamcast arcade fare like Hydro Thunder and Crazy Taxi, be sure to pick this one up.

SuperiorShark

Re: Cruis'n Blast (Switch)

Postby SuperiorShark » October 11th, 2021, 11:22 pm

Just ordered mine from GameStop. Looking forward to it. I have fond memories of playing the original 3 Cruis'n games for the N64.

Matchstick

Re: Cruis'n Blast (Switch)

Postby Matchstick » October 12th, 2021, 1:35 am

I’ve been keeping an eye on this one. Saw it for sale for $29 at Target over the weekend. Seems worth it for that price, but I just have a gut feeling I’ll be the only one in my house playing it.

I think this looks like a great game to play with friends and family. If I can get the wife on board, I’m in. Stay tuned!

Side Note: your “really can’t get enough” comment, Critic, is exactly how I feel about Metroid Dread right now. I’m obsessed. It’s all I want to do with my time, and it’s all I can think about when I’m away from home or not in front of the TV. It has my undivided gaming attention for the foreseeable future... but when it’s all said and done, Cruis’n Blast might be a nice change of pace.

I’m looking forward to your review of Cruis’n, and your eventual thoughts on Metroid, as well!

Return to “Now Playing”