F-Zero GX

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Matchstick

Re: F-Zero GX

Postby Matchstick » November 8th, 2021, 2:59 pm

Alucard1191 wrote:And HD remake of the first one? ...What is it available on?

Easy answer - EVERYTHING! PC, Xbox 360 / X1, PS3 / PS4, Switch... and maybe even a few others. Keep in mind that it's not really a "remake," just a re-release of the Gamecube game with bumped-up resolution, a new [optional] control scheme, and a new [optional] widescreen setting.

Really, it's just a spruced-up re-release. But it does go on sale for $5 or so pretty often, so for me, it was worth a few bucks to be able to play it on the Switch and take it with me wherever I go :D

As far as flying in F-Zero GX, what racer do you usually use? It helps to have a lighter-weight vehicle. I tend to race with Dr. Stewart and the Golden Fox (my favorite, all the way back to the SNES game) and to keep myself airborne, I tend to always boost while in the air, as well. Your vehicle tends to tilt upward as it is falling, so do your best to level it out as you drop. I tend to dip the nose of the vehicle down just a bit while engaging the boost, and you can also steer slightly with the L and R buttons.

It's not foolproof. Anytime you leave the track in that game, it's risky business. But with practice, you can at least be, um, competitive in the Serial Gaps stage. I've had the game since its original release week, and I don't think I've ever cracked the top 10 on that race...

Return to “Now Playing”