Grim Fandango Remastered

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
DaHeckIzDat

Grim Fandango Remastered

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 28th, 2021, 7:06 pm

This is a game I've been wanting to try for a while. It's an adventure game, like Monkey Island (or Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People) where you play as a skeleton whose job it is to start the newly dead off on their journey to the afterlife. The writing is both engaging and hilarious, exactly what I'd expect from Tim Schafer. But the puzzles fall victim to "adventure game logic," where the solution is so un-obvious that you practically NEED a guide to figure them out if you want to beat the game in a reasonable amount of time. Still, the story is good enough that I'll probably keep playing just to see how it ends.

vein

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered

Postby vein » October 29th, 2021, 5:20 am

Man, this game is utterly captivating. You're absolutely right about the internal logic of it but the stetting, story, graphics, dialogue... What an inspired design. There were a few noir inspired games around the end of the 90s/early 2000s. Anyone play Discworld Noir?

ActRaiser

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered

Postby ActRaiser » October 29th, 2021, 8:24 am

What makes this game so good is the voice acting. The puzzles require a guide as I don't have the patience for this type of stuff anymore but I loved the main character.

Return to “Now Playing”