Goldeneye (DS)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Goldeneye (DS)

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 7th, 2021, 9:14 pm

I think we can chalk this up to a game that should be terrible but is actually pretty good!

They took a classic and reimagined with touchscreen controls and Craig as the star.

And yet it's actually pretty entertaining, with a control scheme unlike anything I can recall playing before.

JohanOberg

Re: Goldeneye (DS)

Postby JohanOberg » November 8th, 2021, 1:55 pm

I was under the impression that most all DS FPS games used the L button to shoot and touch screen to aim? If that's what you meant by the control scheme, maybe it's something else. But if you like this then you should try Dementium 1 and 2. They were Silent Hill pitches that Konami said no to because Silent Hill wouldn't work on portables they said, forgetting that they already did a text novel on GBA before, and not thinking of the Book of Memories travesty they were yet to commission.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 9th, 2021, 12:29 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I think we can chalk this up to a game that should be terrible but is actually pretty good!

They took a classic and reimagined with touchscreen controls and Craig as the star.

And yet it's actually pretty entertaining, with a control scheme unlike anything I can recall playing before.

I told you C plus for me.. with the ability to link up 2 ds via blu tooth and play head to head on one cart.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » November 11th, 2021, 8:54 am

JohanOberg wrote:I was under the impression that most all DS FPS games used the L button to shoot and touch screen to aim? If that's what you meant by the control scheme, maybe it's something else. But if you like this then you should try Dementium 1 and 2. They were Silent Hill pitches that Konami said no to because Silent Hill wouldn't work on portables they said, forgetting that they already did a text novel on GBA before, and not thinking of the Book of Memories travesty they were yet to commission.

Not all DS FPS games required the stylus for aiming; I recall Brothers in Arms DS having a decent control set-up (and actually being decent to play). I need to retry Bionicle Heroes (another surprisingly good DS FPS), CoD4 (which tried to replicate the console levels on the DS, and did a decent job), and Metroid Prime Hunters (the Demo for Hunters had an alternative control setup using buttons, I can't recall if the final game had similar options).

I forgot Goldeneye had a DS release/remake; I recall the Goldeneye Rogue Agent game, and... meh.

Return to “Now Playing”