Spyro (PS1)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
pacman000

Spyro (PS1)

Postby pacman000 » November 19th, 2021, 11:52 pm

Finally found a copy at a decent price. After so many years, was it worth it? Yes! Tho I think Crash has held up better.

SpiceWare

Re: Spyro (PS1)

Postby SpiceWare » November 22nd, 2021, 12:12 pm

Nice!

I replayed the trilogy earlier this year after learning about DuckStation and the ability to render PS1 games at higher resolutions. I enjoyed the replay, as well as the greatly improved graphics on my 4K TV.

Sadly Duckstation no longer provides builds for macOS, so I've not kept up very well with it's development. Source is available and I did try building it myself, but wasn't able to get it going. Didn't have much time to spend on it though, will probably try again later.

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » December 16th, 2021, 1:04 am

One of my favorite franchises growing up, and one I really wish VGC would look more into!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » December 16th, 2021, 5:34 am

I never bothered with Spyro back in the PS1 days - I was a Crash fan and the Spyro demo didn't get me interested in buying the game. Seemed too kiddie. But a few years ago, I finally bought Spyro for my PS1 collection. Played it a bit .. solid game, but agree that Crash holds up better. I had never played a Spyro sequel, but then I bought Year of the Dragon (the 3rd PS1 game) a couple months ago. Definitely feels better than the original, and holds up better too. I agree with astrodomekid that it would be good to see VGC try the PS1 sequels.

Return to “Now Playing”